Five Minutes with…
Luke Wickham – Arboricultural Technician
1) What is your work background and when did you join JCA Limited?
I have been within the Arboriculture Industry for the past 6 years, combining running my own domestic tree and gardening company, sub-contracting to local and national Arb firms and studying for an FdSc in Arboriculture and Urban Forestry.
Prior to that, there isn’t much I haven’t done, including…website developer, holiday rep, care worker, labourer, bar work and voluntary teaching in Tanzania.
2) What do you enjoy most about working at JCA Ltd?
Honestly, the fact that I am respected as an employee and trusted to get on by myself. We are a relatively small team but everyone is very approachable, including management and there are a lot of discussions that take place to see every side. Everyone here feels more like family than colleagues.
3) What is your favourite type of survey to carry out and why?
Although they can be intimidating, I really like development surveys. It gives us a chance as Arb consultants to work closely with developers to ensure that as much of the existing vegetation is retained, and help shape the development to a greener approach, something that is very much needed in our current climate.
4) Describe yourself in three words?
Him over there!
5) Which hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Staying busy and spending time with my son Obi.
6) What are your dislikes?
Ignorance and inequality.
7) Which TV show are you currently binge-watching?
The News, Amazing that they pretty much have new storylines each day!
8) What would you say is your spirit animal and why?
Sloth 🙂 Fantastic at conserving energy.